Our innovative rail cargo transport solutions help to create a more livable environment
Rail Cargo Hungaria Zrt. is an important member of Rail Cargo Group, the market-leader forwarding company group in Central and South-Eastern Europe. We are proud to act as a bridge in the region in cooperation with our parent company, a role enabled by our unique professional knowledge and our innovative logistics solutions. With the aim of developing strategic partnerships, we optimize the supply lines of our clients to be more reliable, cost-effective and environmentally friendly.
Our company independent operations began in 2006, under the name MÁV Cargo Árufuvarozási Zrt., after the company was separated from the organization of Magyar Államvasutak Zrt. Two years after the privatization of the company in 2008, the organization entered into a new era of development to continue its operations under a new name, Rail Cargo Hungaria Zrt. in 2010.
We operate annually more than 135.000 trains and transport nearly 32 million tons of goods – around 10 million tons of it is managed with our own fleet of 25 locomotives. Whether single wagon load or block trains - owing to our nationwide network, our company provides a regular customer service to our clients throughout Hungary.
Rail Cargo Group: Your partner in Europe
Rail Cargo Group is the umbrella brand of the internationally operating rail freight subsidiary of the ÖBB Group.
With a turnover of EUR 2,2 billion and 8200 employees, the Rail Cargo Group is one of the leading logistics and transportation specialists in European rail freight transportation. We transport more than 109 million tons of goods and offer tailor-made rail logistics solutions – from individual services to customer-specific solutions. And all that between the North Sea, Black Sea and the Mediterranean. With companies in 18 countries in Central, Southern and Eastern Europe and a high-quality partner network, we ensure safe and reliable transportation on the environmentally-friendly railway. This enables our customers precise logistics solutions. Our customers benefit from the strong network in Europe and the rail connection to the major ports and terminals – around the clock, every day, every season.
Our guiding principles:
- As member of the Rail Cargo Group, our employees are working with competence and passion on tailor-made rail freight solutions for our customers.
- Our colleagues are connecting Europe with our know-how, a targeted use of resources and clear responsibilities.
- We understand responsible corporate behavior as an important tenet for long-term economic success in harmony with the environment and society.
- We find for every new challenge the industry-specific solution and are investing in innovations and partnerships together with our customers.
- We are convinced that quality, reliability and safety are the cornerstones for customer satisfaction. Our strength is based on experience, because future always needs a past.
- As a competent partner for rail freight transportation and economic driving force, we set economic, social and environmentally-conscious accents. With every ton transported by rail we protect the environment. The transport of goods by rail produces 18 times less CO2 when compared to road transport. Anyone who chooses the railway system can be sure that they are protecting our environment by using the cleanest mode of transport.